FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ruffles and free loot

A speedy blog post before I drag myself to the gym :(

If you are looking for some vintage loot, check in with your nearest and dearest first. I gained a very nice assortment of FREE items from my kind mother in law (thank you Alice)


A rusty old lamp, antique Horlicks storage jars and butter churn! and also a moss type wreath which I have some grand plans for... of course I will share with you when progress is made.

Here are a few more items that I picked up at JJ's the other day.


I could not resist the adorable mirror I felt that it really embodied tea and crumpets it was just too charming to leave behind. I also found some vintage bread cloths, hand embroidered tea towels and a table scarf, all in white of course! (for those of you who do not know me yet I have a weakness for anything dainty and white).

And for the 'piece de resistance' (for those of you who don't know french this is a great phrase that basically means and here for the best piece...) are some pillows that I made last night. I know this is not very modest but I do quite frankly think that they are amazing!


I used cotton jersey fabric, one because it is so cozy and two because it does not fray! which makes it perfect for making ruffles. You can buy cotton jersey from any fabric store or if you want to be green and save money you could even use an old t-shirt that you have lying around. In hindsight I should have photographed this whole project so that I could have made you a lovely tutorial, but that's how hindsight works right?! next time I will be more organised I promise. Well anyway one handy tip that I can share with you for any future pillow making is, use batting! my mother in law actually suggested this technique to me so I won't take all of the credit :) 
Basically you line the pillow (both sides) with batting, (I used a lovely all natural bamboo batting) and then you stuff the pillow with stuffing (of course). The batting makes your pillow feel a lot more plum and really gives it a more high quality feel and look. Try it you won't be disappointed!

Well that is it from me, I'm off to the gym and then after that I will be spray painting a metal piece of furniture for the shoppe, only 2 days to go!!!!!

Have a wonderful day
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment