FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shopping.

Well excuse my poor writing which I am sure will be contained in this post but I don't have a lot of time but I desperately want to make this post happen tonight.

Where do I start?
OK firstly I will give you a little look at what I have been creating. First up are my linen pillows which I hand stenciled (using the fabulous freezer paper technique).



I am pretty pleased with the way in which they have turned out and plan to add a few more numbers to the collection.


Again using the stenciling technique I created this Bonjour sign, I used the inside pieces of an old trunk chest. I think this french sign would look perfect propped up behind a few antique books.



In case you were wondering this next project is not yet finished but I thought I would show you what I have so far. I am making a small collection of embroidery hoops with ladies silhouettes from past times. I want to hand embroider the dates that the silhouettes are from above the image and then add a little loop of ribbon to the top of the frame so they can hang on a wall. In case you have no idea what I am describing don't worry I will add new photographs when the project is complete.




Here we have what I would like to refer to as nothing less than a jackpot. My lovely friend (Karen) and I discovered this unexpected trove of treasure today. This believe it or not is someones home which started off with one living room opened up as a small antique store, over the last 22 years the shop now includes; most of the house, the double level barn, the shop and even the old chicken coop. We spent a few hours trawling around unearthing wonderful finds whilst freezing our little rear ends off in the miserable Oregon winter weather. If you live in Oregon you must pay this store a visit it's in Scio on Cole School Road, The shop is called JJ's Ranch Shop, you will find a lovely lady named Joyce (the owner) there who is most helpful.

Well this post is taking a lot longer than I originally anticipated, so I will quickly draw it to a close leaving you with some photos of my favorite purchases, made just in time for the very near grand opening of tea and crumpets :)

 I am in love with these old spools.

 In fact I think that I am equally in love with these old shoe moulds (well ad least that's what I think they are I haven't done any research on them yet)


I am still experimenting with how I want to tie these antique books together....

Until tomorrow, my friends
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment