FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A cute lamp and D.I.Y vintage feed bag pillows

Hello, long time no blog (that was supposed to be a joke as in 'long time no see') (probably not very funny if you have to explain your joke!)

Well I have good news for you, the shop has been a success, so far. I have payed this months rent and after my purchases and commission I am making a profit :) a very small profit but a great start I think. Mainly though it is turning out to be a very enjoyable and satisfying venture.

Here is one of my latest additions to the store...


 I bought the lamp stand from a thrift store, the lamp shade from Fred Myer (supermarket) and then I handcrafted the dusty pink silk flowers. Delightful.

Here is a close up of the silk flowers. I will write a tutorial on how to make these little beauties in the near future.

Next up are my imitation grain sack/ feedbag pillows.


I am really pleased with how these turned out. I used some vintage textured natural cotton fabric and stenciled the design on.


Here is an 'in progess' picture of the pillow covers. I taped off the stripes using painters tape. I used the tutorial from 'Retropolitan' another one of my favorite blogs. I highly recommend that you check this blog out for one it is hilarious and secondly it has so many great ideas and amazing tutorials. Copy and paste the link below for the feed bag pillow tutorial.
http://retropolitanhip.blogspot.com/2010/08/knock-off-vintage-feed-bags-tutorial.html


Well that's it from me tonight. I hope that you are enjoying the last of your weekend as Monday looms :(

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment